Educator and Leadership Programs invites you to join our forum on Assembly Bill (AB) 130 provisions that create new options for credential candidates to meet the Subject Matter and the Basic Skills Requirements (BSR).
AB 130 expands the options for credential program applicants to meet basic skills and subject matter requirements by allowing the preparation program to accept coursework that meets or exceeds the basic skills and subject matter requirements. In this moderated forum, a panel of experienced teacher educators and credential analysts will discuss the implications of AB 130 for expanding the opportunities for diverse teacher recruitment across the CSU’s and statewide.
Title: Implications of AB 130 for the Recruitment of Diverse Teachers in California
Learn from a panel of experienced teacher educators and credential analysts about the implications of AB 130 for expanding the opportunities for diverse teacher recruitment in the CSU’s and statewide.
Date: November 4, 2021 (Thursday) (3:30 - 5:00PM)
Visit this website to register: https://calstate.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ivSFehHwQEib85v7jLUR7g
• Marquita Grenot-Scheyer Assistant Vice Chancellor, Educator Preparation and Public School Programs, for the California State University
• David DeGuire, Director, Professional Services Division, CA Commission on Teacher Credentialing
• Dede Perez-Granados Associate Dean, School of Social Sciences and Education California State University, Bakersfield
• Laurie Inman Chair/Lecturer, Liberal Studies California State University Dominguez Hills
• Cristina Stephany Single Subject Clinical Coordinator California State University Dominguez Hills
• Alma Gama Lead Credential Analyst/Advisor Cal State San Luis Obispo
• Rachel Sousa Credential Analyst Cal State University Chico